Monday, March 17, 2008

Hard Sun

President Bush is the luckiest guy. I swear the economy looks terrible with Bear Stearns going down, but y'know what's great? Its March Madness. No one pays attention to news. We just mourned another anniversary of the Iraq War...and how many American deaths are there? 3,988. But what really matters is that Arizona State not making the Big Tournament will be watched more than the news. On a lighter note, AU is a Big Tournament team! Irony huh? I love my hypocrisy. First time ever!

On a separate note, I think I'm in the mood for 80s movies when I get back from Chicago next week after Easter. Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and maybe more.

I also on a semi similar note really want to watch Parker Lewis Can't Lose for some reason. But that's from the 90s.

Downloads of the week.
-Hard Sun by Eddie Vedder on the Into the Wild soundtrack
-I downloaded the entire discography of Flogging Molly
-Bittersweet Symphony cover/remix by Supraliminal

1. Vice President Cheney, Senators John McCain, Lindsay Graham, and Joementum Lieberman are on a campaign I mean investigative trip to Iraq. I'm glad I helped pay for John McCain to campaign...oh wait. I wonder if Dick Cheney is more popular in Iraq than here?

2. NEWSFLASH! Bill Kristol is a douchebag! Oh wait we already knew that. Here's a blatant image of why Bill Kristol isn't a journalist. This him talking about Obama and his less than politically correct pastor.

"But Ronald Kessler, a journalist who has written about Wright’s ministry, claims that Obama was in fact in the pews at Trinity last July 22. That’s when Wright blamed the “arrogance” of the “United States of White America” for much of the world’s suffering, especially the oppression of blacks. In any case, given the apparent frequency of such statements in Wright’s preaching and their centrality to his worldview, the pretense that over all these years Obama had no idea that Wright was saying such things is hard to sustain."

Ah a hit piece...unfortunately, Obama was not there. He was heading to Florida. I heard of this place called google that you can learn this information in seconds. If you're going to do a hit piece, look up your crucial aspects....oh wait Republicans don't do that anymore (ever?) Furthermore, if we're going to judge Obama on people associated with him even tangentially, let's do it to Clinton and McCain. I think the results really do make Wright insignificant compared to the guys hanging around McCain a lot. Clinton too has this problem.

3. Anyone remember Governor McGreevey? Yeah, news on the former governor has popped up again. Damn you Spitzer for thinking you can one up the Greevey! Apparently, McGreevey's lead guy put a new spin on middle man. The former assistant to the governor says that he was involved in several threesomes with the governor and his wife and that there was no way that his wife wouldn't have thought he was gay. Well then...that's...something. Maybe someone hasn't explained what gay means to Dina McGreevey? I mean she probably read the Great Gatsby and is now confused.

4. Heather Mills is getting 48.6 million. Well that's a lot more than the 1.37 drachmas I thought she should get. Paul made out pretty good honestly, I mean she wanted something like 200 million.

5. So I thought this morning that ABBA had street cred and had gone gangster when I heard their drummer had been stabbed in the throat and killed in the Spanish Island of Mallorca. It turns out it was an accidental death.

6. Halle Berry gave birth to a baby girl. Olker has started the countdown to when she's legal...no he hasn't but you could believe this right? Anyway, it would be a tragedy if her daughter wasn't hot when she was ready to be the next 18-25 Hollywood obsession. Though you don't have to be attractive at all to get Hollywood attraction and be the kid of a famous actor. I mean look at Bruce Willis' daughter. I'm not going to post pics because it hurts my eyes.

7. I have never really been into Courtney Cox. But her character on the show Dirt is awesome. I haven't really liked this season but I still think she cracks me up and it is a bit hot how much of a bitch she is. I totally admire her.

8. Well I need 15 seconds back of my life..stat. Like I saw Madonna's new cover of her album and now I'm trying to gouge out my eyes. Not fair, people should warn ahead of time before they go hey chris, take a look. I mean I can handle violence, gore, sexual things, but Madonna? Nope. Now I'm hating the world more than usual. She's still not rock and I'm not posting pics because I look out for the people of Mrbrooksknockedupnancydrewistan.

9. I'd like to point out that though I fall under the Natalie Portman favoritism over Scarlett Johanssen, for 40,100 dollars I'd say it might be worth it to get a date with her. Scott says she'll put out. I mean Eliot Spitzer spent more than that for all his trysts but I feel everyone would forgive him if he just had spent 40,100 on Scarlett only and gotten something out of it. Even his wife would go "wow, really? I guess its alright."

10. So I watched a favorite movie of mine last week. Independence Day. Yeah I know. I enjoyed the hell out of it like I did TWELVE YEARS AGO. Holy god, I'm feeling my 15th midlife crisis when I say that. Anyway, I love that movie. the effects are a bit dated but its so enjoyable. Also Jane from Firefly is in it. I listened to that very bad speech at the end and enjoyed that too. I mean, I've heard worse...okay maybe not. But its fun. I read on Wikipedia that a reviewer thought that the July 4th independence day for the world was the most arrogant thing declared in an American movie ever or something to that accord. I think we've easily topped that easily since then. I actually really enjoy that someone is pissed off about ID4. Another thing I noticed is that though I haven't been to New York since I was like 8 I'm pretty sure the Empire State Building isn't the location where it is in the movie. I'm also not sure how the main alien weapon really works. Like is it supposed to choose a tall building and blow it up and the wave carries like that? Or does it not need a tall building? If it does need a tall building, shouldn't it been at the World Trade Center then? Would this become a more watched movie again if it had been?

11. Just a side note, I probably have mentioned this before or if I haven't cool. I have this concept of a Wikiodyssey. Its when you start on a topic at Wikipedia and see how far you can go choosing topics only on the pages you come across. Like my wikiodyssey started with the Golda Meir and ended up at Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron? Golda Meir-Munich-Guy who played Caesar on the show Rome-Rome-Julius Caesar-Shakespeare-Cymbeline-Decameron. Try it when you're bored at work. I could have continued for hours after the Decameron but I stopped to post.

No comments: