CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.
LIMBAUGH: The phony soldiers.
CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.
This is Rush Limbaugh. This is Rush Limbaugh probably on drugs. Any questions? Well yes there are a lot. Like how come there was a lot of outrage on the Moveon.org ad in the New York Times but there isn't for Limbaugh. Its not an acceptable answer that well, we're used to him being an idiot on oxycotin. No, because this is just as bad as Don Imus also being an idiot on the radio. Its not exactly fair to generalize a large group of troops who question our involvement and continued stay in Iraq. I was under the impression that one of the things that make us great as a nation is that our troops can question things unlike fanatical terrorists. I don't equate this with the questioning of General Petraeus' political incursion. General Petraeus was held up to a pedestal to be a neutral, unbiased look at Iraq. The man is a talented general but he isn't impartial. Look at his method0logy for keeping track of violence in Iraq. In business, its called cooking the books and you go to jail for things like that. In government, you're declared a saint. Even his commanding officer (the guy who should have been the one to report on Iraq due to this thing called a chain of command) thinks this guy is overly political and a kiss ass. The Senate passed this ridiculous bill condemning Moveon.org's ad because they're the real terrorists. This is the ad that will bring down the United States. Not the ad last fall that showed outdated Bin Laden and associates quotes with a nuclear explosion and is utterly bogus. Suitcase nuclear weapons don't exist. US News and Report did a story on it mocking 24 for making them a popular concept. They didn't condemn the Swift Boat ads against John Kerry. They didn't condemn the GOP ad against Max Cleland with Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. They call him a coward and a traitor. He lost several limbs in war fighting for America. No they condemned an ad questioning a general who threw himself into the political system. They won't condemn Rush Limbaugh either. Why? Because, its all phony. The indignation, Rush Limbaugh, and any values the GOP even stands for these days are phony.
1. Here is something you'll never hear me do again. Bill O'Reilly isn't the end all monster for what he said recently about his apparent first meeting with black people. I suspect his viewers would be just as surprised as he was about Sylvia's (A restaurant I've been wanting to go to for years whenever I can get New York because I love soul food). No, its soft racism of lower expectations. Its probably common with the older white viewership he has. What does make him a monster among a million things is that though his intent probably wasn't evil, his reaction does make him awful. He made it a partisan issue saying the liberal media is after him. I did not know soft racism was a hard concept of conservatism. For a "no spin" guy, he really is spinning out of control. He exploded on a CNN guy and apparently can't control any aspect of his persona now.2. A speaking of racism, none of the four Republican top candidates appeared at Morgan State in Maryland. Its a traditionally black school. They did fundraisers instead. Mike Huckabee, my favorite GOP candidate, showed and was ashamed. He should be. The Republican don't even bother to try to communicate with African Americans anymore. This is the tragedy of it all. This is the so called party of Lincoln.
3. The initiative to abolish the electoral college in California has failed or rather is just dead now. Now, I have my problems with the electoral college but I think its obvious when the GOP target California what their rationale is. Try again. Texas could try?
4. A Democratic debate occurred a couple days ago. I know they're honest in their assessment that the top candidates can't get out of Iraq by 2013 but man, did you need to give the GOP ammo? Hillary had a great moment on stage when given an opinion from Bill Clinton she didn't agree with. She said she's the one standing up there not him. It was well crafted. I still want Obama to rock it out.
5. I'm really enjoying that the ACLU is helping out Larry Craig. It must be like having a separate personality. I saw this graphic recently on GOP values.
6. Okay now onto funny things. Midget Britney Spears feud!
Yeah, how awesome is that! Now midget Amy Winehouse would be awesome. Oh the possibilities.
7. Knightrider has been greenlit for NBC! Seriously, we're in a remake craze...well NBC is. They've brought back Battlestar Galactica (Which is amazing, go buy the DVDs if you know whats good for you), Flash Gordon (not so good), Bionic Woman (really good so far) and now Knightrider...David Hasselhoff is crying somewhere.
8. Madonna, Beastie Boys, John Mellencamp, Leonard Cohen, and the Dave Clark Five are among the Rock and Roll hall of fame. The Beastie Boys actually opened for Madonna at one point ironically. Dave Clark Five have to make it in. If you don't know who they are, why are you listening to music?
9. Steve-O is claiming that Lindsay Lohan stole coke from him! That Lohan is crazy. She's sneaky too.
10. Review! well not really, this is more of a thank god TV is back bit. Boston Legal is a phenomenal show. John Larroquette and some smoking hot British women have joined the cast but its a unique show that has you missing Alan Shore and Denny Crane when they're away for the summer. Go watch and enjoy.
PS. I'm also glad House and Smallville are back. All readers here should be watching the new show Life as well