1. Rudy Giuliani supporters held a fund raiser that had $9.11 per person....I truly hate him. You've officially put a price on 9/11. His supporters officially cheapened it to an amazing degree. Y'know what, its no different than anything Giuliani has done so far. He has taken advantage of American sorrow. He made people think he was competent because he was punched in the face.
2. Bill O'Reilly discovered black people recently on a dinner with Al Sharpton.
O'REILLY: That's right. That's right. There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, "M-Fer, I want more iced tea."
WILLIAMS: Please --
O'REILLY: You know, I mean, everybody was -- it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all.3. This is creepy. Paul Wolfowitz and Dick Cheney planning world domination in 1992.
4. Bill O'Reilly claims he respects dissent in the Iraq War debate. The hell you do. It wouldn't be the first time you've lied to the audience and yourself. In case you're wondering, here are the many ways that his statement is dishonest.
5. The Clinton campaign killed a GQ story. This isn't unusual really for campaigns to do this. The Bush campaign barred the New York Times reporters in 2004. Obama wanted to boot Faux News from the campaign. However, the Clinton Campaign was ferocious about it. Also not that surprising, she's got a flawless campaign going. Obama is still my guy.
6. India is outsourcing its outsourcing...whoa that just blew my mind. There is no spoon.
7. Maya Rudolph will not be back at SNL this year. The season starts in 5 days for the 5 people who still watch it. They're down to two funny women to do everything.
8. Why is David Miliband meeting with Angelina Jolie. For all of you non-Anglophiles, he's the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary and decently powerful. I just don't get if Angelina Jolie actually has accomplished anything except adopting half the planet.
9. John McTiernan, director of Die Hard and Predator, is going to jail for four months. He apparently lied to the FBI about his hired wire tapping of a producer of Rollerball. Yes, he felt the need to wire tap Rollerball before it was cool. I think he could get away with it now because he could accuse the Rollerball of being a work of terrorism. Anyway, I hope he yells Yippee Ki Yay Mutherfucker in jail.
10. REVIEW: How I Met Your Mother and Heroes were both excellent last night. If you DVRed HIYM, watch the last 30 seconds for a reference from a much earlier episode. Heroes is back and one of my favorite characters is still alive and that makes me happy. Furthermore, Sark (from Alias) has joined the cast! Outstanding. Anyway, this more brief than usual to avoid spoilers.
PS. Foo Fighters and Collecive Soul have new CDs out. Foo Fighters are being sold everywhere and Collective Soul is on Itunes. Go by them.