Today gets a different post because I'm annoyed.
"I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It's practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them."
These are the words of President George W. Bush. They're good and they're what they should be. Its rare I can say that. So when a Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, says that “…based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage] in our population, I cannot see that a cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration," I take issue. I take issue at the underlying notion that Muslims shouldn't have even the option of serving higher positions in an administration. Its okay for them to be in lower positions. I find it amusing that a Mormon would use percentage statistics to indicate how high up in the government you should be. Islam is roughly 400 percent larger in the United States than Mormonism. With his mathematics, I don't think Mitt Romney could run as dog catcher....do they still have those? This is fear mongering, idiocy, and pandering. This is typical Mitt Romney and this exhibits a severe hostility that his supporters have for Islam.
It isn't just his supporters. The Washington Post had the audacity to throw up a story about a strange and peculiar internet spread rumor that Barack Obama is a secret Muslim who is a plant to destroy the United States from within. Really? I mean really? The Washington Post should know better than to treat internet rumors as a story. This is the Madrassa rumor again. No substance, just fear mongering. There are rumors about anything online from President Bush being an alien to one of my room mates being an heroin addict. It isn't worth it. There are two underlying notions though with this rumor. IF and I do mean IF Barack Obama is a Muslim, then somehow that shoots down his campaign? Not the most tolerant idea is it? Second, IF Obama is a Muslim, then that means he's going to destroy the nation? I don't think so. That implication is that all Muslims are trying to destroy the United States. I'm afraid only people who think they're defending the nation with other interests are the ones most likely to destroy the United States. We are the greatest threat to our own ideals and future. For the Washington Post to spend time on that story and ignore things that maybe matter more is remarkable.
Things like being oblivious that your company is dealing with someone who helped the 9/11 architect evade the FBI and continues to do so. Things like you used city government resources to hide the affair you were having to your now current wife. That's called corruption and hypocrisy. In case you're wondering, Rudy Giuliani is guilty of both. For the 9/11 architect evasion, read this. Remarkable isn't it?
So as I caught parts of the Republican debate last night, I felt sorry for Mike Huckabee in the coming months because Romney, McCain, and Giuliani are going to be dirty. They're willing to link all Muslims with horrible things. McCain thinks people like Ron Paul allowed Hitler...Yup, he went there. I haven't seen Huckabee do the offensive things the other big three have engaged into though he's come close. After all, he is a running for the Republican nomination. Fear does wonders.
On a completely separate note because I can't stay serious so long. Celebrity update.
1. Helio Castroneves, you may be asking who?! Well, he won Dancing with the Stars. I'll admit I saw one episode and called this one almost immediately. You see he told people that he was engaged to a Aliette Vazquez whom I'm guessing is a random hot foreign girl. However, when I saw him dancing with Julianne Hough on the show. I yelled out he's absolutely sleeping with her (yes I used other terms which got me slapped). Apparently, I'm right. His engagement is over and he's doing things that many guys could dream because Julianne Hough is as the kids say bangin.
2. Chevy Chase has been hired on SNL again! This could be an awesome disaster since outside of Caddy Shack, Gerald Ford jokes ( possibly a bad idea now or awesome idea?), and Vacation references, Chevy Chase kinda isn't funny. I saw him on Brothers and Sisters and barely recognized him. He has an old man voice now too. I heard he's a complete dick too.
3. Holy Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears had another melt down in a store. This time in a Hustler store where she stole a wig and just went crazy not wanting to pay for things.
4. Holy I Know What You Did Last Weekend, Jennifer Love Hewitt got engaged to some Scottish bloke.
5. Tony Romo is seeing Jessica Simpson. Not sure if I can still hate Romo because you can't help but root for him in that...oh wait, I still will hate him.
6. For all you Grey's Anatomy viewers out there, the remarkably attractive Chyler Leigh's first movie is more awkward than a Meredith Grey monologue. Chyler Leigh, who was in the fantastically bad show Reunion, got her start in the epic Kickboxing Academy. The awkward part? Her love interest is her own real life brother! Yes, there are kissing scenes...those crazy 15 year olds.
Good day and Good luck.