Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Crazy Fuckers

In this world it seems to me that there is a big difference in how people treat what others "know" and what others "believe." In particular we are raised to respect the beliefs of others because they are just as valid as our own beliefs. Bullshit. There are several belief systems in this world that are total crap and you should ridicule those who ascribe to them. I, of course, am speaking of Scientology, which is the biggest scam of the past 50 years.

You may ask what has gotten me thinking about this? Gather round my friends and I shall tell you a tale. The other day I came into work and found a small package with a post-it note from my boss telling me that she thought I might find it interesting. It was a shareholder letter from an orginazation called the Citizens Commission on Human Rights. Sounds real official-like don't it? The letter began to talk about the evils of psychiatry and how many people it kills and continued to proclaim that the attached DVD and information pamphlet revealed the true past of the psychiatric profession. Shocking! But something about the rhetoric seemed familiar, like something I may have seen a crazy actor talking about on tv or something. So I look up the organization and BAM! I discover that this is a front for the Church of Scientology.

Once I realize this I look at the shrink wrapped doo-hickey and its called, in big bold letters (dripping in blood no less) "PSYCHIATRY: AN INDUSTRY OF DEATH." Shocking! I read the Wikipedia entry and discover that contained within is that psychologists, those most dastardly of dastardly villains, caused the Holocaust and 9/11. Read that one more time. Process that. A "church" within this country is actually trying to tell good people like you and me that one of the most horriffic acts in history, and the most terrible attack levied against this country, were the cause of people like Freud and Dr. Melfi. Not quite Bond villains, are they?

This particular episode only helped me further along my disdain for the pseudo religion known as Scientology. People like to argue that the views espoused by Scientology are just as crazy as Islam, Judiasm, or Christianity. Now, don't get me wrong, I think all religions are a little on the crazy side, but come on. Just read the shit that Scientologists have to say. What the fuck? I've also had arguments that this is one of those times of 'to each their own' and 'its what they believe.'

People can believe whatever they want but that doesn't mean you can't ridicule them for their beliefs. Scientology is a fucking cult and if you know anyone out there who is a Scientologist, I urge you to mock them and to berate them for their wrong beliefs. This isn't about people believing what they want, its about people being scammed constantly and being led to believe something that an author cooked up as a tax shelter. Keep in mind, L. Ron Hubbard wasn't even a good author. A bad author made up a crazy ass religion that has about as much legitimacy as the Flying Fucking Spaghetti Monster (bless His noodlely appendages). And consider this; the guy who believes himself to be the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard (Tom Cruise) was born before he died. But don't point this out! Beliefs hate logic. It burns!

So join me my friends in hating Scientology and in mocking those who believe that Xenu is coming to get us. They are a blight in the world of belief and their idiotic "faith" should be treated with disdain and revulsion. After all, if the psychologists really do have a grand plan to take over the world, I want to be on their good side.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Edmund Dantes said...

L. Ron Hubbard was a crappy writer who spent years rejected by a lot of publishers. He was an even crappier navy officer who was relieved of command several times. He used to claim he did a lot of great things in the navy...not quite. If it makes you feel any better, the FBI had huge files on the Scientology cult and probably still does