1. Why is Ann Coulter on every news show? She's listed as political analyst sometimes. Somehow, business expert at other times. Now, she's making theological statements in the hopes that she can become a theology expert. I still think her only expertise is transexuality and being a crazy bitch...she has that market cornered. But here's her little endeavor on theology.
COULTER: Well, OK, take the Republican National Convention. People were happy. They're Christian. They're tolerant. They defend America, they --
DEUTSCH: Christian -- so we should be Christian? It would be better if we were all Christian?
DEUTSCH: We should all be Christian?
COULTER: Yes. Would you like to come to church with me, Donny?
DEUTSCH: So I should not be a Jew, I should be a Christian, and this would be a better place? (snip) We should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or --
COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.
COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.
DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.
DEUTSCH: You can't possibly -- you're too educated, you can't -- you're like my friend in --
COULTER: Do you know what Christianity is? We believe your religion, but you have to obey.
DEUTSCH: No, no, no, but I mean --
COULTER: We have the fast-track program.
COULTER: No, we think -- we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.
DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?
COULTER: Yes. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners --
DEUTSCH: In my old days, I would have argued -- when you say something absurd like that, there's no --
COULTER: What's absurd?
DEUTSCH: Jews are going to be perfected. I'm going to go off and try to perfect myself --
COULTER: Well, that's what the New Testament says.
DEUTSCH: Ann Coulter, author of If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected.Yup, I'm judging anyone who even owns a book by Ann Coulter as well as the people who put her on TV...
2. I am not a John Edwards supporter this time around. I think his moment passed in 2004 most likely because Ohio needed to tell people again why it sucks (as if it needed help). But it does not meant I don't like John Edwards. I wish him well and I hope that for his wife as well. I actually would like to see him as an AG. That said, he isn't the candidate now. Bill O'Reilly, a person I legitimately hate, has decided to rail on John Edwards for holding beliefs are right. Billo is jack ass once again in this video clip. Edwards is right on these issues but you should see this little hit job Billo launches because he "hates partisan politics."
3. Paul Krugman of the New York Times on that hitjob on SCHIP kid.
"All in all, the Graeme Frost case is a perfect illustration of the modern right-wing political machine at work, and in particular its routine reliance on character assassination in place of honest debate. If service members oppose a Republican war, they're "phony soldiers"; if Michael J. Fox opposes Bush policy on stem cells, he's faking his Parkinson's symptoms; if an injured 12-year-old child makes the case for a government health insurance program, he's a fraud.
Meanwhile, leading conservative politicians, far from trying to distance themselves from these smears, rush to embrace them. And some people in the news media are still willing to be used as patsies."
4. Bernard Kerik, Rudy's great idea for a Homeland Security Chief, is looking to have official charges of bribery, tax fraud, and obstruction of justice laid on him soon. Yup, I'm looking forward to more suggestions. I CAN'T QUIT YOU CORRUPTION!
5. Update on Faux's way of being fair and balanced with Al Gore. Right off the bat this morning. "What do Al Gore, Yasser Arafat, and that crazy Jimmy Carter have in common?" from Steve Doocy who is a dumb fuck stick anyway but that's how you start it? Honestly, an American won a Nobel Peace Prize again. That's shocking enough but you immediately go for red meat...at least the White House was gracious.
6. Lauren has informed the blog that Gilbert Arenas cheats at Halo 3...maybe if he spent less time cheating on Halo 3, he'd actually do better in the playoffs. I totally want to kick his ass in Halo 3 now.
7. Who has the more disastrous divorce right now? Paul McCartney, Unfitney, or Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards? And by disastrous, I mean kinda hilarious. In case you didn't know, McCartney's settlement collapsed.
8. LiLo's dad is apparently cheating on his girlfriend with someone who looks like LiLo...I wonder if that is a sobering experience?
9. Thanks to South Park, I now know what a Couric is a measure of in the South Park Universe. If you want to know, just ask..I'm still grossed out by the episode.
10. I legitimately think I'm the only person who wants to see Elizabeth: The Golden Age...anyone want to prove me wrong?